According to Realtor.org, people are no longer waiting for marriage to buy a house.
Realtor.org, citing a Los Angeles Times article, says homebuyers in younger generations are now made up of single homeowners, same-sex partners and even roommates who are buying a house together instead of renting.
Some couples are also buying a house before they said "I do." According to Realtor.org, some couples are opting to put the money they would have spent on a large wedding into a down payment on a home instead.
According to the Los Angeles Times article, some single professionals are opting to secure their financial and residential future before their romantic future. While they wait and see if they will end up getting married, they are buying property on their own.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently