WINONA, WI (WKBT) - Two weeks ago, News 8 spotlighted a Winona man's dying wish to marry his longtime girlfriend before he passed away.
Elvin and Kathy Smothers were able to have their dream wedding thrown together in one day with the help of an army of employees at Gundersen Health System.
We are sad to report that Elvin lost his battle with cancer this past Monday. His wife Kathy tells us he went very peacefully surrounded by family and friends and, of course, with Kathy right by his side.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, his son Jamie and his many family and friends.
Elvin Smothers was 37-years-old.23194988
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Area organization helping so all girls can go to prom
- Taste of Trempealeau event raises money for public library
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments