WINONA, WI (WKBT) - Two weeks ago, News 8 spotlighted a Winona man's dying wish to marry his longtime girlfriend before he passed away.
Elvin and Kathy Smothers were able to have their dream wedding thrown together in one day with the help of an army of employees at Gundersen Health System.
We are sad to report that Elvin lost his battle with cancer this past Monday. His wife Kathy tells us he went very peacefully surrounded by family and friends and, of course, with Kathy right by his side.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, his son Jamie and his many family and friends.
Elvin Smothers was 37-years-old.23194988
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain