WINONA, WI (WKBT) - Two weeks ago, News 8 spotlighted a Winona man's dying wish to marry his longtime girlfriend before he passed away.
Elvin and Kathy Smothers were able to have their dream wedding thrown together in one day with the help of an army of employees at Gundersen Health System.
We are sad to report that Elvin lost his battle with cancer this past Monday. His wife Kathy tells us he went very peacefully surrounded by family and friends and, of course, with Kathy right by his side.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, his son Jamie and his many family and friends.
Elvin Smothers was 37-years-old.23194988
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- What Wisconsin's roads shortfall could mean for taxpayers
- IRS warns of private debt collector scam
- Marijuana among used clothing donated to Maplewood store
- Suicide attempts increase at juvenile prison in Wisconsin
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge