WINONA, WI (WKBT) - Two weeks ago, News 8 spotlighted a Winona man's dying wish to marry his longtime girlfriend before he passed away.
Elvin and Kathy Smothers were able to have their dream wedding thrown together in one day with the help of an army of employees at Gundersen Health System.
We are sad to report that Elvin lost his battle with cancer this past Monday. His wife Kathy tells us he went very peacefully surrounded by family and friends and, of course, with Kathy right by his side.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, his son Jamie and his many family and friends.
Elvin Smothers was 37-years-old.23194988
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups