As you may remember, Jenny Olson, 35, faced her terminal cancer diagnosis with optimism and positivity.
"Choose hope" became her motto with many of her friends, family and students proudly wearing her message on t-shirts.
Jenny was a wife and mother of two. She was a beloved elementary school teacher and spent her career nurturing students in the Onalaska, G-E-T and Holmen School Districts.
We spoke with Jenny's husband Brian on Thursday who told us she passed peacefully surrounded by friends and family.
Brian commented that because of Jenny and her amazing spirit - so many people will live their life choosing 'hope' each and every day.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Saturday, Feb. 1 at Holmen Lutheran Church. In lieu of flowers, memorials are preferred to Holmen Lutheran Church or a charity of your choice.
Jenny leaves behind her husband Brian, 8-year-old daughter Elise and son Ben, who will be 6-years-old on Friday.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice