As you may remember, Jenny Olson, 35, faced her terminal cancer diagnosis with optimism and positivity.
"Choose hope" became her motto with many of her friends, family and students proudly wearing her message on t-shirts.
Jenny was a wife and mother of two. She was a beloved elementary school teacher and spent her career nurturing students in the Onalaska, G-E-T and Holmen School Districts.
We spoke with Jenny's husband Brian on Thursday who told us she passed peacefully surrounded by friends and family.
Brian commented that because of Jenny and her amazing spirit - so many people will live their life choosing 'hope' each and every day.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Saturday, Feb. 1 at Holmen Lutheran Church. In lieu of flowers, memorials are preferred to Holmen Lutheran Church or a charity of your choice.
Jenny leaves behind her husband Brian, 8-year-old daughter Elise and son Ben, who will be 6-years-old on Friday.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified