As you may remember, Jenny Olson, 35, faced her terminal cancer diagnosis with optimism and positivity.
"Choose hope" became her motto with many of her friends, family and students proudly wearing her message on t-shirts.
Jenny was a wife and mother of two. She was a beloved elementary school teacher and spent her career nurturing students in the Onalaska, G-E-T and Holmen School Districts.
We spoke with Jenny's husband Brian on Thursday who told us she passed peacefully surrounded by friends and family.
Brian commented that because of Jenny and her amazing spirit - so many people will live their life choosing 'hope' each and every day.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Saturday, Feb. 1 at Holmen Lutheran Church. In lieu of flowers, memorials are preferred to Holmen Lutheran Church or a charity of your choice.
Jenny leaves behind her husband Brian, 8-year-old daughter Elise and son Ben, who will be 6-years-old on Friday.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Senate panel inches Sunday liquor sales forward
- Bipartisan support for Wisconsin bill helping terminally ill
- Walker's evangelical Alaskan cruise canceled
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- Vets warn eliminating prevailing wage will cost jobs