As you may remember, Jenny Olson, 35, faced her terminal cancer diagnosis with optimism and positivity.
"Choose hope" became her motto with many of her friends, family and students proudly wearing her message on t-shirts.
Jenny was a wife and mother of two. She was a beloved elementary school teacher and spent her career nurturing students in the Onalaska, G-E-T and Holmen School Districts.
We spoke with Jenny's husband Brian on Thursday who told us she passed peacefully surrounded by friends and family.
Brian commented that because of Jenny and her amazing spirit - so many people will live their life choosing 'hope' each and every day.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Saturday, Feb. 1 at Holmen Lutheran Church. In lieu of flowers, memorials are preferred to Holmen Lutheran Church or a charity of your choice.
Jenny leaves behind her husband Brian, 8-year-old daughter Elise and son Ben, who will be 6-years-old on Friday.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting
- Candle caused fatal Madison condo fire; victim identified
- Walker asks public for help selling his budget