Here's a look at What's for Dinner October 18, 2016:
Sweet Potato Souffle by Mayo Clinic Health System
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper, mixed
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 3 egg whites
Heat the oven to 375 F. Lightly coat 6 (8-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray and sprinkle with panko breadcrumbs. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the sweet potatoes, butter, thyme, salt and pepper, and nutmeg.
In a small bowl, combine milk and cornstarch to form a slurry. Add the slurry to the pan and bring to a light boil while whisking frequently. Reduce heat and stir in the cheese. Once the cheese is melted, remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
In a medium bowl, whip the egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Carefully fold the sweet potato mixture into the egg whites. Place equal amounts of the mixture into the ramekins and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the center is firm and slightly golden brown.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles