Here's a look at What's for Dinner October 12, 2016:
Smoky Frittata by Mayo Clinic health System
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Heat the oven to 375 F. In a large pan of boiling salted water, simmer the cauliflower for 4 to 5 minutes, or until semicooked. Drain and dry the cauliflower.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, mustard and paprika. Whisk until well-blended.
Stir in the chives and 3/4 of the cheeses. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. In a large oven-safe frying pan, heat the olive oil. Fry the cauliflower for 5 minutes, until golden brown on one side. Pour the egg mixture over the cauliflower.
Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle mixture with the remaining cheese, and transfer the pan to the oven. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the frittata is set. Remove from the oven and let frittata sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.