Here's a look at What's for Dinner October 12, 2016:
Smoky Frittata by Mayo Clinic health System
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Heat the oven to 375 F. In a large pan of boiling salted water, simmer the cauliflower for 4 to 5 minutes, or until semicooked. Drain and dry the cauliflower.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, mustard and paprika. Whisk until well-blended.
Stir in the chives and 3/4 of the cheeses. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. In a large oven-safe frying pan, heat the olive oil. Fry the cauliflower for 5 minutes, until golden brown on one side. Pour the egg mixture over the cauliflower.
Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle mixture with the remaining cheese, and transfer the pan to the oven. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the frittata is set. Remove from the oven and let frittata sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges.
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- What Wisconsin's roads shortfall could mean for taxpayers
- IRS warns of private debt collector scam
- Marijuana among used clothing donated to Maplewood store
- Suicide attempts increase at juvenile prison in Wisconsin
- Trial delayed for Iowa man charged in woman's cannon death
- Minnesota lawmakers enter final day to wrap up budget
- Barron County puts initial tornado damage estimate at $10M
- Draft horses get back to work in Wisconsin farms, forests