Here's a look at What's for Dinner October 12, 2016:
Smoky Frittata by Mayo Clinic health System
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Heat the oven to 375 F. In a large pan of boiling salted water, simmer the cauliflower for 4 to 5 minutes, or until semicooked. Drain and dry the cauliflower.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, mustard and paprika. Whisk until well-blended.
Stir in the chives and 3/4 of the cheeses. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. In a large oven-safe frying pan, heat the olive oil. Fry the cauliflower for 5 minutes, until golden brown on one side. Pour the egg mixture over the cauliflower.
Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle mixture with the remaining cheese, and transfer the pan to the oven. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the frittata is set. Remove from the oven and let frittata sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse