Here's a look at What's for Dinner October 3, 2016:
Shrimp Fried Rice with Spring Vegetables by Gundersen Health System
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz. raw shrimp
- 4 tsp. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger
- 4 cups snap peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 4 scallions
1. Prepare rice according to package instructions, set aside.
2. Combine hoisin sauce and oil in small bowl and set aside.
3. Heat canola oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Beat eggs in small bowl and add to skillet. Cook until done; set aside in a separate bowl.
4. Peel, and remove tails from shrimp. Cook in 2 tsp. of canola oil in large skillet over medium heat until pink. Remove and add to bowl with eggs.
5. Add remaining 2 tsp. of oil to pan. Mince ginger, chop pepper, carrots and scallions. Add to pan along with peas and sauté until tender.
6. Add rice, shrimp and eggs and mix in well.
7. Remove from heat and gently stir in sauce mixture from step two.
Recipe found at: Gundersen Health System
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony