Here's a look at What's for Dinner September 28, 2016:
Carrot Soup by May Clinic Health System
- 10 carrots, scraped and sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
In a large saucepan, heat the carrots, sugar and water. Cover and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the carrots, reserving some of the liquid. Set aside.
In a separate saucepan, whisk together flour, pepper, nutmeg and milk. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the white sauce thickens.
In a blender or food processor, add the cooked carrots and white sauce. Puree until smooth. Add reserved liquid to desired consistency. Ladle into separate bowls and garnish each with 1 teaspoon parsley. Serve immediately.
Recipe found at: Mayo Clinic Health System
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Mayo study proposes method to lower circumcision costs
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature