Vinaigrette Green Beans
Makes 6 servings (about ¾ cup each)
Getting started Equipment you will need: Dutch oven, small saucepan, whisk, colander Do right away when you get home: action step 1
2 (12 oz.) pkgs. ready-to-eat fresh green beans
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. bottled minced garlic
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. salt
1. Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add green beans, and cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. While beans are cooking, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; add vinegar, mustard, and salt, stirring well with a whisk. 3. Drain beans, and return to pan. Pour vinaigrette over beans; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Tips: This recipe can easily be doubled or halved to accommodate for more or less servings. Reheats well.
Shopping list: 2 (12 oz.) pkgs. ready-to-eat fresh green beans Bottled minced garlic (or 1 garlic clove)
Check for: Olive oil Balsamic vinegar Dijon mustard Salt
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Teacher pleads not guilty to failure to report sex abuse
- Authorities ID man whose body was found in Des Moines River
- Minnesota man accused of trying to kidnap woman
- Local students compete in dairy cook off