Vinaigrette Green Beans
Makes 6 servings (about ¾ cup each)
Getting started Equipment you will need: Dutch oven, small saucepan, whisk, colander Do right away when you get home: action step 1
2 (12 oz.) pkgs. ready-to-eat fresh green beans
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. bottled minced garlic
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. salt
1. Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add green beans, and cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. While beans are cooking, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; add vinegar, mustard, and salt, stirring well with a whisk. 3. Drain beans, and return to pan. Pour vinaigrette over beans; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Tips: This recipe can easily be doubled or halved to accommodate for more or less servings. Reheats well.
Shopping list: 2 (12 oz.) pkgs. ready-to-eat fresh green beans Bottled minced garlic (or 1 garlic clove)
Check for: Olive oil Balsamic vinegar Dijon mustard Salt
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening