Veggie Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Makes 4 servings
1 medium green bell pepper
½ large onion
1-2 large carrots
1-2 medium zucchini
1 clove of garlic
2 tsp. olive oil
8 slices artisan multi grain bread
4 (1 oz.) slices cheddar cheese
1. Wash vegetables and process in a food processor using a medium sized shredding blade or manually shred vegetables using a hand held grater. Mince garlic.
2. Sauté vegetables and garlic in olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, 5-10 minutes. A large electric skillet also works well.
3. Build sandwiches, using 2 slices of bread per sandwich, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, and desired amount of vegetables.
4. Spray non-stick skillet with pan spray and grill sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown.
Nutrition Analysis per Sandwich: 260 calories, 9g fat, 11g protein, 33g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 410mg sodium
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery