Veggie Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Makes 4 servings
1 medium green bell pepper
½ large onion
1-2 large carrots
1-2 medium zucchini
1 clove of garlic
2 tsp. olive oil
8 slices artisan multi grain bread
4 (1 oz.) slices cheddar cheese
1. Wash vegetables and process in a food processor using a medium sized shredding blade or manually shred vegetables using a hand held grater. Mince garlic.
2. Sauté vegetables and garlic in olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, 5-10 minutes. A large electric skillet also works well.
3. Build sandwiches, using 2 slices of bread per sandwich, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, and desired amount of vegetables.
4. Spray non-stick skillet with pan spray and grill sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown.
Nutrition Analysis per Sandwich: 260 calories, 9g fat, 11g protein, 33g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 410mg sodium
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death