Veggie Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Makes 4 servings
1 medium green bell pepper
½ large onion
1-2 large carrots
1-2 medium zucchini
1 clove of garlic
2 tsp. olive oil
8 slices artisan multi grain bread
4 (1 oz.) slices cheddar cheese
1. Wash vegetables and process in a food processor using a medium sized shredding blade or manually shred vegetables using a hand held grater. Mince garlic.
2. Sauté vegetables and garlic in olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, 5-10 minutes. A large electric skillet also works well.
3. Build sandwiches, using 2 slices of bread per sandwich, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, and desired amount of vegetables.
4. Spray non-stick skillet with pan spray and grill sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown.
Nutrition Analysis per Sandwich: 260 calories, 9g fat, 11g protein, 33g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 410mg sodium
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases