Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: Cutting board, sharp knife, large nonstick pan or electric skillet, medium nonstick fry pan Optional Equipment: medium sized grater or food processor with medium shredding blade Do right away when you get home: Action Step 1
1 medium green bell pepper
½ large onion
1-2 large carrots
1-2 medium zucchini
1 clove of garlic
2 tsp. olive oil
8 slices artisan multi grain bread
4 (1 oz.) slices cheddar cheese
1. Wash vegetables and process in a food processor using a medium sized shredding blade or manually shred vegetables using a hand held grater. Mince garlic.
2. Sauté vegetables and garlic in olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, 5-10 minutes. A large electric skillet also works well.
3. Build sandwiches, using 2 slices of bread per sandwich, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, and desired amount of vegetables. Pan spray 4. Spray non-stick skillet with pan spray and grill sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown.
Suggested Side Items: fresh fruit and tomato soup (see tips)
Tips: These veggies are also great as leftovers folded up in an omelet or mixed into scrambled eggs. We recommend Campbell's Select Harvest 100% Natural Harvest Tomato with Basil soup to accompany this sandwich. Shopping list: Bell peppers Carrots Zucchini Artisan-style multi grain bread
Check for: Garlic Onions Canola or olive oil Cheddar cheese, or other favorite Leftover sautéed vegetables
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore