Vegetable Pita Pizzas
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: baking sheet, small skillet, cutting board/knife, spoon, spatula Preheat oven to 400° Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
2 large whole wheat pita bread rounds
1/2 cup assorted fresh vegetables (such as small broccoli or cauliflower florets, red pepper strips, sliced mushrooms, or chopped carrots)
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Place pita rounds on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, coat skillet with spray and preheat over medium heat. Add vegetables. Cook and stir until crisp-tender.
3. Spread pizza sauce on pita rounds. Sprinkle with cooked vegetables and cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Cut rounds in half.
Suggested Side Items: cottage cheese and apple slices
Tips: This recipe is great if you have leftover vegetables in your refrigerator. Use what you have on hand! Add other toppings such as pineapple or Canadian bacon, if desired. (This would change the nutrient analysis.) Shopping list: Large whole wheat pita bread rounds (2) Pizza sauce Assorted fresh vegetables of your choice Shredded mozzarella cheese
Check for: Cooking spray
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US