Vegetable Pita Pizzas
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: baking sheet, small skillet, cutting board/knife, spoon, spatula Preheat oven to 400° Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
2 large whole wheat pita bread rounds
1/2 cup assorted fresh vegetables (such as small broccoli or cauliflower florets, red pepper strips, sliced mushrooms, or chopped carrots)
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Place pita rounds on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, coat skillet with spray and preheat over medium heat. Add vegetables. Cook and stir until crisp-tender.
3. Spread pizza sauce on pita rounds. Sprinkle with cooked vegetables and cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Cut rounds in half.
Suggested Side Items: cottage cheese and apple slices
Tips: This recipe is great if you have leftover vegetables in your refrigerator. Use what you have on hand! Add other toppings such as pineapple or Canadian bacon, if desired. (This would change the nutrient analysis.) Shopping list: Large whole wheat pita bread rounds (2) Pizza sauce Assorted fresh vegetables of your choice Shredded mozzarella cheese
Check for: Cooking spray
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says