Tuscan Pork Kebabs
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: grater, small bowl, spoon, cutting board/chef's knife, wooden or metal skewers (8), tongs Preheat grill to: medium heat Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
4 tsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 pound pork tenderloin
2 red bell peppers
2 yellow bell peppers
1. Combine ingredients in large bowl. Stir well. Trim fat off of pork and cut into 1-inch cubes. Add pork to bowl. Set aside to marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Chop peppers into 1-inch cubes. Thread pork and peppers, alternatively, onto skewers. Cooking spray
3. Coat grill rack with spray. Place skewers on rack and grill for 10 minutes or until pork is done. Turn skewers occasionally.
Suggested Side Items: Farmers' Market Potato Salad (June 25th recipe) and cantaloupe
Tips: Add vegetables such as onions, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes to kebabs, if desired.
Shopping list: Garlic (1 bulb) Yellow bell pepper (2) Red bell pepper (2) Lemon (1) Pork tenderloin (1 lb.)
Check for: Olive oil Black pepper Salt Cooking spray
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota