Turkey Burgers with Swiss and Caramelized Apples and Onions
Makes 6 servings
1.25 lb. extra lean ground turkey
6 oz. 0% plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp. onion powder
Fresh cracked black pepper
6 slices swiss cheese
1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced.
1 large Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
2 medium pears, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
Line medium-sized cookie sheet with tin foil. Spray with pan spray. In a large bowl, combine turkey, yogurt, bread crumbs, egg and seasonings. Mix until well combined. Divide into 6 portions, making a ball in your hand. Flatten into patties and place on cookie sheet. Heat oven to broil. Place pan under broiler. Cook until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each burger reads 165 degrees.
Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized skillet coated with cooking spray. Place onions and sugar into pan. Sauté until onion is translucent. Add apples. Sauté until tender. Remove from heat.
Place burger on bun, top with sautéed apples and onions, cheese, pear and mustard. Serve immediately.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 472 calories, 16g fat, 32g protein, 55g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 525mg sodium
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers