Turkey Burgers with Swiss and Caramelized Apples and Onions
Makes 6 servings
1.25 lb. extra lean ground turkey
6 oz. 0% plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp. onion powder
Fresh cracked black pepper
6 slices swiss cheese
1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced.
1 large Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
2 medium pears, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
Line medium-sized cookie sheet with tin foil. Spray with pan spray. In a large bowl, combine turkey, yogurt, bread crumbs, egg and seasonings. Mix until well combined. Divide into 6 portions, making a ball in your hand. Flatten into patties and place on cookie sheet. Heat oven to broil. Place pan under broiler. Cook until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each burger reads 165 degrees.
Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized skillet coated with cooking spray. Place onions and sugar into pan. Sauté until onion is translucent. Add apples. Sauté until tender. Remove from heat.
Place burger on bun, top with sautéed apples and onions, cheese, pear and mustard. Serve immediately.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 472 calories, 16g fat, 32g protein, 55g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 525mg sodium
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota