Tropical Shrimp Kabobs
1 lb 16-20 count shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails left on
1.4 cup peanut oil, divided
2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy blend
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
2 Tbsp. finely grated fresh ginger
2 mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into 1" x ½" pieces
16 green onions, bottom 2" only
2 red bell peppers, stem and seeds removed, cut into 1 ½" squares
4 12" bamboo skewers
Place shrimp in a re-sealable plastic bag. Add 2 Tbsp. oil, lime juice, ginger, and Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy blend. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Soak bamboo skewers in water while shrimp are marinating.
Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade. Assemble kabobs, alternating pieces of shrimp, mango, onion, and red pepper, brush with remaining oil.
Grill or broil kabobs for 4 minutes, turn and grill on other side for approximately 4 additional minutes, or until shrimp are cooked throughout.
Serve over steamed white rice if desired.
Per Serving: 241 calories, 11g fat, 168 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate.
Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Blend
Red Bell Peppers
Check Pantry For:
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers