|WKBT Recipes||Shopping List|
Tropical Shrimp Kabobs
1 lb 16-20 count shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails left on
1.4 cup peanut oil, divided
2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy blend
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
2 Tbsp. finely grated fresh ginger
2 mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into 1" x ½" pieces
16 green onions, bottom 2" only
2 red bell peppers, stem and seeds removed, cut into 1 ½" squares
4 12" bamboo skewers
Place shrimp in a re-sealable plastic bag. Add 2 Tbsp. oil, lime juice, ginger, and Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy blend. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Soak bamboo skewers in water while shrimp are marinating.
Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade. Assemble kabobs, alternating pieces of shrimp, mango, onion, and red pepper, brush with remaining oil.
Grill or broil kabobs for 4 minutes, turn and grill on other side for approximately 4 additional minutes, or until shrimp are cooked throughout.
Serve over steamed white rice if desired.
Per Serving: 241 calories, 11g fat, 168 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate.
Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Blend
Red Bell Peppers
Check Pantry For:
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US