Tilapia with Tomatoes, Black Beans & Corn
Makes 4 servings
Equipment you will need: skillet, can opener, strainer, wooden spoon
Do right away when you get home: gather equipment and set needed items out on the counter; action step 1
3 ears fresh corn
1. Cut kernels from cobs, set aside.
1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2. In medium skillet, heat oil to over medium heat add garlic and sauté until tender.
2 (16 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 cup dry white wine
½ (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
4 tilapia fillets
3. Add tomatoes, wine, beans and corn to skillet. When the sauce is hot, place fillets on top; spoon some of the tomato mixture over the fish. Cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. If the sauce begins to dry out, add additional 1/4 cup white wine.
Lettuce and salad dressing
4. Meanwhile, wash lettuce and tear leaves into a bowl. Cook rice according to package directions. Serve with fish.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families