Thai Beef Roll Ups
Makes 4 wraps
Getting started Equipment you will need: grater, paring knife/cutting board, small bowl (2), whisk, dinner plates (4), spoon Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. fish sauce
3/4 tsp. granulated sugar
4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
2 cups Romaine lettuce
12 oz thinly sliced deli roast beef
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Grate ginger (see tips). Combine ingredients in small bowl. Stir well with whisk.
2. Place tortillas on plates. Brush each lightly with 2 tsp. juice mixture. Arrange ½ cup lettuce on each tortilla. Top each with 3 ounces beef.
3. Combine carrots and mint. Arrange about 3 Tbsp. over each serving. Drizzle each wrap with about 1 Tbsp. of remaining juice mixture. Roll up and serve.
Suggested Side Items: grilled summer squash and glass of milk
Tips: To prepare fresh ginger, peel the tough outer skin from the ginger using a knife and discard. Rub the ginger in an up and down motion on your grater. There will be fibers which do not grate down. Just remove them and discard when you have grated the amount you need for your recipe. Wrap any remaining ginger in the plastic wrap and place to the freezer where it will keep for up to two months.
To substitute for fresh ginger, use 3/4 tsp. of ground ginger in this recipe. Shopping list: Fresh lime juice Fresh ginger Whole wheat tortillas (8-inch) Deli roast beef Fresh mint leaves Dark sesame oil Fish sauce Romaine lettuce Matchstick carrots
Check for: Minced garlic
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks