Thai Beef Roll Ups
Makes 4 wraps
Getting started Equipment you will need: grater, paring knife/cutting board, small bowl (2), whisk, dinner plates (4), spoon Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. fish sauce
3/4 tsp. granulated sugar
4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
2 cups Romaine lettuce
12 oz thinly sliced deli roast beef
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Grate ginger (see tips). Combine ingredients in small bowl. Stir well with whisk.
2. Place tortillas on plates. Brush each lightly with 2 tsp. juice mixture. Arrange ½ cup lettuce on each tortilla. Top each with 3 ounces beef.
3. Combine carrots and mint. Arrange about 3 Tbsp. over each serving. Drizzle each wrap with about 1 Tbsp. of remaining juice mixture. Roll up and serve.
Suggested Side Items: grilled summer squash and glass of milk
Tips: To prepare fresh ginger, peel the tough outer skin from the ginger using a knife and discard. Rub the ginger in an up and down motion on your grater. There will be fibers which do not grate down. Just remove them and discard when you have grated the amount you need for your recipe. Wrap any remaining ginger in the plastic wrap and place to the freezer where it will keep for up to two months.
To substitute for fresh ginger, use 3/4 tsp. of ground ginger in this recipe. Shopping list: Fresh lime juice Fresh ginger Whole wheat tortillas (8-inch) Deli roast beef Fresh mint leaves Dark sesame oil Fish sauce Romaine lettuce Matchstick carrots
Check for: Minced garlic
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?