Teriyaki Pork and Rice
Makes 6 servings
Equipment you will need: large nonstick skillet, cutting board/knife
Do right away when you get home: gather ingredients and equipment
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp. cooking oil
¾ lb. of pork loin
1. Mince garlic and set aside. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on high heat. Add pork and minced garlic. Cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes.
2 cups water
½ cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
2 cups uncooked minute brown rice
2. Add 2 cups water and teriyaki sauce; stir. Bring to boil. Stir in rice. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 minutes.
14-16 oz. package frozen stir-fry vegetables
3. Stir in frozen vegetables. Heat until vegetables are hot, about 5 minutes.
4. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Mayo study proposes method to lower circumcision costs
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature