Grilled Teriyaki Beef Kabobs
Makes 6 servings
1 ½ lbs. beef boneless top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup teriyaki baste and glaze
1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
18 medium whole fresh mushrooms
2 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup sesame seed, toasted
Place beef in plastic bowl or heavy-duty re-sealable plastic bag. Pour teriyaki baste and glaze over beef. Cover bowl or seal bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Thread beef, bell pepper and mushrooms alternately on each of six 15-inch metal skewers, leaving space between each piece. Brush bell pepper and mushrooms with oil. Sprinkle kabobs with sesame seed.
Cover and grill kabobs 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, until beef is no longer pink in center.
*To toast sesame seed, cook in an ungreased heavy skillet over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, and then stirring constantly until golden brown.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 255 calories, 15 g fat, 25 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 820 mg sodium
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge