Taco Rice Salad
Makes 6 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: Pot for cooking rice, nonstick skillet, large bowl, medium bowl, whisk Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
Yellow rice (or Mexican rice)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, unsalted
1 tsp. each: cumin, chili powder
¼ tsp black pepper
2/3 cup light sour cream
2/3 cup salsa
½ tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
½ cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1. Cook yellow rice according to package directions, enough for 3 cups cooked.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Add garlic and sauté until garlic releases aroma. Drain and rinse black beans, then add to skillet. Stir in yellow rice and spices and mix well until heated through. Cool slightly. 6 cups torn romaine lettuce 3 cups chopped tomato 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed ½ cup chopped red onion
3. Combine lettuce, tomato, corn, and onion in a large bowl; toss to combine.
4. In another bowl, prepare dressing by combining sour cream, salsa, cumin, and chili powder. Stir with a whisk, then spoon dressing over lettuce mixture, tossing to coat. Divide lettuce mixture evenly among 6 plates, then top with evenly divided rice and bean mixture. Top each plate with shredded cheese.
Suggested Side Items: Fresh fruit Shopping list: Yellow rice 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, unsalted Romaine lettuce Tomatoes Frozen corn Red onion Light sour cream Salsa Reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Check for: Garlic clove Spices: cumin, chili powder, pepper
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death