Strawberry Puppy Chow
- 6 ounces white candy coating – I used CandiQuik
- 6 ounces red candy coating – I used Wilton
- 1 teaspoon of paramount crystals (or shortening or canola oil)
- 5 cups chex cereal
- 1 cup strawberry cake mix (1 cake mix has about 3 cups mix)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 – 2 cups seasonal M&M's
- In 2 large zip lock bags, put ½ cup strawberry cake mix and ¼ cup powdered sugar into each.
- Next divide cereal into two bowls. 2 ½ cups cereal in each.
- In microwave safe dish, melt the 6 ounces of white candy coating. Add 1/2 teaspoon of paramount crystals or shortening so that the candy coating will spread more evenly. Microwave 30 seconds at a time until it is all melted being careful not to burn it.
- Pour melted candy coating into the first bowl of cereal and mix evenly to coat.
- Pour the candy coated cereal into one of the plastic bags. Close tightly and shake until the cereal is all coated with the cake mix and powdered sugar mixture.
- Pour out onto a nonstick mat or wax paper to set.
- Repeat with the red candy coating and the other bowl of cereal.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening