Guinness Marinated Steak Sandwiches
Makes 4 sandwiches
*Note: Preparation for this recipe should be started a day before you plan to make the sandwiches. It's a bit different than the recipes we've been providing, but it's too delicious to pass up!
Equipment you will need on day 1: cutting board/chef knife, large zip-lock bag
Day ahead of time: action step 1
Equipment you will need on day 2: grill, pastry brush, small saucepan
Do right away when you get home: preheat grill to medium
1 small-medium sweet onion
1 cup Guinness beer or other stout
1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. molasses (not blackstrap)
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 lb. boneless rib-eye steaks, 1 ½ -2 inches thick (see tips)
1. Chop 1 small-medium sweet onion (about ½ cup chopped) and place in a large re-sealable bag. Add remaining ingredients and steaks. Seal bag, shake and turn it to fully cover the steaks, refrigerate, flipping over and shaking the bag from time to time, for 12 to 18 hours.
24 cremini mushrooms
1 large red onion
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
½ tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
2. Wash mushrooms and remove stems, wipe with paper towel to remove any dirt. Slice onion into ¼-inch thick slices.
3. Brush mushroom caps and onion slices with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a grilling basket and set on grill rack.
4. Remove steaks from marinade and pat dry. Reserve 1 cup marinade for sauce. Place the steaks on grill rack. Grill steaks and veggies until browned on the first side, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn everything over and grill until thermometer inserted into the center of the steak registers 125° (medium-rare) and veggies are soft and lightly browned, about 5 minutes more. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice rye bread into ½ to ¾ inch thick pieces and toast on grill.
5. Meanwhile, place reserved marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over med-high heat. Boil until reduced by about half, 7-10 minutes. Divide mushrooms and onions among the pieces of toast and drizzle each with about 1 Tbsp. of the reduced sauce. Slice steak and divide among sandwiches and drizzle with more sauce. Pour any juice from the steak over the sandwiches and serve with a fork and knife – it will be a little messy!
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently