Spring-time Tortellini Salad
Makes 3 servings
Equipment you will need: cutting board, chef knife, large saucepan
Do right away when you get home: Preheat grill and action step 1
1 (9 oz.) pkg. cheese tortellini
1. In medium saucepan, bring water to boil. When water comes to roaring boil, add pasta. Cook until el dente. Drain cooked pasta and rinse under cold water until cool. Set aside.
3 (4 oz.) chicken breasts
2. Season as desired, grill until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side. Thermometer should read 160 degrees when placed in the thickest portion of the breast. Remove from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes.
1 large yellow bell pepper
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 small head broccoli
3. Meanwhile, wash vegetables and pat dry with towel. Cut bell pepper into thin strips, about 2 inches long. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Roughly chop broccoli into bite sized pieces (see tips). Place veggies in a large mixing bowl.
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup lite Italian dressing
4. Add pasta to bowl with veggies. Chop chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and add to bowl. Add parmesan cheese and dressing. Toss to coat. Serve cold.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building