Spicy Ribeyes with Ginger-Orange Grilled Carrots
- 2 beef Ribeye Steaks Bone-In, cut 1 inch thick (13 to 15 ounces each)
- 6 large carrots (about 14 ounces), peeled and cut in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons chile garlic sauce (Sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Brush carrots with oil. Place steaks in center of grill grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange carrots around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 9 to 13 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 12 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness; turning occasionally. Grill carrots 8 to 11 minutes (for gas grill, times remain the same) or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine chile garlic sauce and ginger in small bowl. Combine 2 teaspoons chile garlic sauce mixture and marmalade, reserving remaining mixture for brushing.
- Combine hot carrots with marmalade mixture; tossing to coat evenly. Brush top of steaks with reserved chile garlic sauce mixture. Remove bones; carve steaks into slices. Season beef and carrots with salt, as desired. Serve beef with carrots.
Cook's Tip: Chile garlic sauce, an Asian condiment, is commonly called Sriracha. It is made from red chilies, garlic and vinegar, and imparts a tangy, spicy heat to dishes. Chile garlic sauce is available in Asian markets and the Asian section of most supermarkets.
Nutrition information per serving: 286 calories; 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 92 mg cholesterol; 302 mg sodium; 17 g carbohydrate; 2.7 g fiber; 30 g protein; 12.8 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.6 mcg vitamin B12; 2.3 mg iron; 35.6 mcg selenium; 5.7 mg zinc; 8.5 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and iron.
Inside-Out Grilled Steak Salad
- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
- 16 Boston or butter lettuce leaves (about 4 to 5-inch diameter)
- 2 cups thin assorted vegetable strips, such as cucumber, red onion, carrots, bell pepper, sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed or frozen peas or corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat or regular vinaigrette (any variety)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat or blue cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped almonds, walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse grind or cracked black pepper
- Combine Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices. Place lettuce leaves on serving platter. Evenly layer vegetables onto lettuce leaves. Top evenly with steak. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with cheese and nuts, if desired.
- Flat Iron Steaks (about 8 ounces each) may be substituted for Strip Steaks. Grill steaks 10 to 14 minutes (for gas, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness. Pan-broil steaks 11 to 14 minutes.
- Leaf lettuce may be substituted for Boston or butter lettuce. If leaves are large, cut in half.
- Two cups packaged vegetable slaw may be substituted for assorted vegetables.
- Toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or sunflower seeds may be substituted for nuts.
- To pan-broil steaks, preheat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook steaks 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers