Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
Prep: 10 min
Total: 5 hr 25 min
Servings: 8 Servings
What you need:
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 jars (6 oz each) Green Giant® sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup sweet Marsala wine or Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Make Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
SPRAY 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place garlic and oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in cooker over garlic. Place mushrooms over chicken; pour wine over all.
COVER; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours
REMOVE chicken from cooker; place on plate and cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into liquid in cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook about 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
RETURN chicken to cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 5 minutes longer or until chicken is hot.
TO SERVE, spoon mushroom mixture over chicken breasts; sprinkle with parsley.
Serve on a bed of white rice with a green salad.
Make sure to use sweet Marsala wine. Dry Marsala makes this dish taste too acidic.
-Boneless, skinless chicken breast
-sliced mushrooms (jarred)
Total Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carb 7g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016