Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
Makes 6 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: slow cooker/crock pot, cutting board, chef knife Do right away: This recipe needs 7-8 hours to cook. Prepare items the night before so you can quickly assemble in the crockpot in the morning.
4 chicken breasts
4 skinless chicken thighs
1 ½ Tbsp. minced garlic (see tips)
½ tsp. salt Pinch black pepper
¼ cup dry white wine
3 Tbsp. tomato paste
2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
½ cup whole, pitted black olives
1. Add ingredients to slow cooker and set on low. Let cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. (See tips).
2. After cooking, add black olives. Chop parsley (about 2 Tbsp.) and sprinkle over top of each plate.
Suggested Side Items: Italian side salad, garlic bread or serve over linguini noodles
Tips: An easy way around having to mince your own garlic is to buy jars of pre-minced garlic in the produce section of the grocery store. It can be stored for several months in the refrigerator. This meal can be cooked on high for 4 hours to reduce cooking time, however cooking on low will make the chicken much more tender and juicy.
Shopping list: 4 skinless chicken breasts 4 skinless chicken thighs Dry white wine Fresh parsley 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes 1 (14 oz.) can pitted whole black olives
Check for: Garlic Salt
Black pepper Crushed red pepper
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather