Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
Makes 6 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: slow cooker/crock pot, cutting board, chef knife Do right away: This recipe needs 7-8 hours to cook. Prepare items the night before so you can quickly assemble in the crockpot in the morning.
4 chicken breasts
4 skinless chicken thighs
1 ½ Tbsp. minced garlic (see tips)
½ tsp. salt Pinch black pepper
¼ cup dry white wine
3 Tbsp. tomato paste
2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
½ cup whole, pitted black olives
1. Add ingredients to slow cooker and set on low. Let cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. (See tips).
2. After cooking, add black olives. Chop parsley (about 2 Tbsp.) and sprinkle over top of each plate.
Suggested Side Items: Italian side salad, garlic bread or serve over linguini noodles
Tips: An easy way around having to mince your own garlic is to buy jars of pre-minced garlic in the produce section of the grocery store. It can be stored for several months in the refrigerator. This meal can be cooked on high for 4 hours to reduce cooking time, however cooking on low will make the chicken much more tender and juicy.
Shopping list: 4 skinless chicken breasts 4 skinless chicken thighs Dry white wine Fresh parsley 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes 1 (14 oz.) can pitted whole black olives
Check for: Garlic Salt
Black pepper Crushed red pepper
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests