Skillet Beef Steak with Avocado Sauce:
Prep Time: 1 hr 10 min
Total: 1 hr 10 min
Servings Total: 8 servings
What you need:
½ cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing, divided
8 boneless beef sirloin steaks (2 lb.), ¼ inch thick
3 small tomatillos (about ¼ lb.)
1 onion, sliced
2 fully ripe avocados, cut in half
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
3 cloves garlic
½ cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
Make Skillet Beef Steak with Avocado Sauce :
POUR 1/3 cup dressing over steaks in shallow dish; turn to coat both sides of each steak. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate. Meanwhile, cook tomatillos in 2 cups simmering water in saucepan on low heat 15 min. or until tomatillos are softened and skins are tender. (Do not let tomatillos boil.)
DRAIN tomatillos, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid; place tomatillos and reserved liquid in blender. Add avocados, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1/2 cup onions and garlic; blend until smooth.
HEAT remaining dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook on medium heat 5 min. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Add steaks, in batches, to skillet; cook 2 min. on each side or until medium doneness (160ºF). Return steaks and onions to skillet. Top with avocado sauce. Cook on low heat 1 to 2 min. or until sauce is heated through. Serve topped with sour cream and remaining cilantro.
Kraft kitchen tips:
Serve with hot cooked rice and a mixed green salad topped with your favorite KRAFT Light Dressing.
This flavorful avocado sauce is also great served over hot cooked chicken or vegetables, such as cauliflower.
How to Adjust Thickness of Avocado Sauce:
Reserve additional cooking liquid from the tomatillos to add to the blended sauce to adjust consistency to desired thickness.
-Zesty Italian Dressing
-Boneless Beef Sirloin Steaks
Total fat 13 g
Saturated fat 5 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 170 mg
Carbohydrate 8 g
Dietary fiber 4 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 22 g
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial