Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Cranberry Chipotle Dressing
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: cookie sheet (see tips), medium saucepan Preheat oven to: 450 degrees
1 ½ lb. sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1/4 cup water
2 tsp. honey
1 canned chili pepper in adobo sauce* (See tips)
1. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 2 inch pieces. Drizzle oil on cookie sheet (see tips), spread potato slices evenly and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Bake 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
3. Place cranberries, water, and honey in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
4. Finely chop chili, add to pan along with 1 tsp. adobo sauce
5. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Mash with a fork. Mixture will be chunky. ¼ cup green onions ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
6. Chop green onions and cilantro. 7. Combine potatoes, onions, and cilantro in a bowl. Add cranberry mixture to bowl; toss gently to coat.
Suggested Side Items: spicy chicken or shrimp, or your favorite meat
Tips: For easy clean up, cover cookie sheets in aluminum foil when roasting vegetables, cooking meat, etc. If you prefer fresh chili peppers, use one for this recipe. Seed it and omit adobo sauce to make this dish less spicy. Shopping list: 1 ½ lb. sweet potatoes ¾ cup fresh or frozen cranberries Canned chilies (in adobo sauce) 6 green onions Fresh cilantro
Check for: Olive oil Salt Honey Black Pepper
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse