By Mayo Clinic Staff
To roast red peppers, place the bell peppers on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Broil (grill), turning frequently with tongs until the skin blackens all over, about 10 minutes. Transfer the pepper to a covered bowl or place in a paper bag and close. Let steam until the skin loosens, about 10 minutes. Peel, cover and refrigerate until needed.
Number of servings
4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long
2 flour tortillas (spinach, garlic and herb, or pesto-flavored), 10 inches in diameter
2 tablespoons hummus
1 cup lettuce leaves
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into slices
Spray a small nonstick frying pan with cooking spray. Add the chicken and saute over medium-high heat until the chicken is lightly browned and opaque throughout. Set aside.
Heat a dry, large frying pan (without a nonstick surface) over medium heat. Add 1 tortilla to the hot pan and heat until softened, about 20 seconds per side. Repeat with the other tortilla.
To serve, place a warmed tortilla on each plate. Spread 1 tablespoon of the hummus on the tortilla. Then add half of the chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and roasted pepper to make each wrap. Fold in the sides and the bottom of the tortilla up over the filling, then roll to close. Cut each wrap in half crosswise and serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
· Total fat 7 g
· Calories 350
· Protein 21 g
· Cholesterol 33 mg
· Total carbohydrate 49 g
· Dietary fiber 5 g
· Monounsaturated fat 4 g
· Saturated fat 2 g
· Sodium 424 mg
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation