Rice and Bean Burritos
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: George Forman grill, toothpicks, microwave-safe bowl Do right away when you get home: Gather needed ingredients and equipment
1 cup fat-free refried beans
1 cup Mexican-style rice
4 (10 in.) flour tortillas
1cup reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Chopped lettuce, tomato and onion
Salsa and sour cream
1. Place refried beans in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high 1-2 minutes or until hot. Spread ¼ cup beans over each tortilla. Top with ¼ cup rice and ¼ cup cheese. Fold up (see tips). Spray George Forman grill. Place two at a time and grill and cook until burritos are golden brown.
2. Remove burritos from George Forman grill. Top with toppings.
Suggested Side Items: Fresh fruit
Tips: For this recipe, the best folding technique is to fold the bottom up first, then each side, then fold the top down. Secure with a toothpick. Most refried beans contain lard or other saturated fats. For the highest nutritional quality, aim for those that are labeled as "fat-free" or "vegetarian." Shopping list: 1 (15 oz.) can fat-free refried beans 10 inch flour tortillas Fresh fruit (for side)
Leftover ingredients from Taco Rice Salad (lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream and Mexican rice
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore