Open Face Reuben Sandwiches
Makes 4 sandwiches* this recipe yield can easily be adjusted
Getting started Equipment you will need: baking sheet or stone Preheat oven to: 350°
4 slices dark rye or pumpernickel bread
½ cup sauerkraut
8 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey or chicken
4 thin slices of Swiss cheese
4 Tbsp. Thousand Island dressing
1. Place bread slices on baking sheet or stone.
2. Rinse (if necessary) and drain well, set aside.
3. Layer ingredients evenly on top of bread slices, topping with cheese. Place in oven until warm and cheese melts.
4. Wash and cut into large chunks. Serve with milk and sandwich.
Side items: fresh apple chunks and milk
Tips: * this recipe yield can easily be adjusted – per person plan for: 1 piece bread, 2 ounces deli meat, 1 slice cheese, 1 Tbsp. dressing, 2 Tbsp. sauerkraut. The remaining sauerkraut can be used in the Bologna and Sauerkraut recipe. Consider portions and use fresh foods to balance out foods that are higher in sodium. Shopping list: Dark rye or pumpernickel bread Deli turkey or chicken (8 ounces) Thousand Island dressing Sauerkraut Swiss cheese Fresh apples
Check for: Milk
Other items needed:
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists