Open Face Reuben Sandwiches
Makes 4 sandwiches* this recipe yield can easily be adjusted
Getting started Equipment you will need: baking sheet or stone Preheat oven to: 350°
4 slices dark rye or pumpernickel bread
½ cup sauerkraut
8 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey or chicken
4 thin slices of Swiss cheese
4 Tbsp. Thousand Island dressing
1. Place bread slices on baking sheet or stone.
2. Rinse (if necessary) and drain well, set aside.
3. Layer ingredients evenly on top of bread slices, topping with cheese. Place in oven until warm and cheese melts.
4. Wash and cut into large chunks. Serve with milk and sandwich.
Side items: fresh apple chunks and milk
Tips: * this recipe yield can easily be adjusted – per person plan for: 1 piece bread, 2 ounces deli meat, 1 slice cheese, 1 Tbsp. dressing, 2 Tbsp. sauerkraut. The remaining sauerkraut can be used in the Bologna and Sauerkraut recipe. Consider portions and use fresh foods to balance out foods that are higher in sodium. Shopping list: Dark rye or pumpernickel bread Deli turkey or chicken (8 ounces) Thousand Island dressing Sauerkraut Swiss cheese Fresh apples
Check for: Milk
Other items needed:
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota