Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: cookie sheet, aluminum foil, shallow dish, small bowl Preheat oven to: 450o Do right away when you get home: gather ingredients and equipment
4 (8 oz.) catfish fillets
1 cup finely crushed ranch-flavored tortilla chips (see tips)
½ tsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. each: salt* and pepper
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside. Wash catfish fillets and pat dry. Set aside.
2. In shallow dish, combine chips, and seasonings.
3. In another small bowl, beat egg and oil. Dip catfish into egg mixture, then dredge in chip mixture. Place on foil-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle leftover chips on top. Bake until catfish is white and easily flakes with fork, about 10-12 minutes.
Suggested Side Items: Veggie of choice and leftover Easy Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Tips: The test recipe used Cooler Ranch Doritos that were pulsed in a food processor until they resembled bread crumbs.
Shopping list: 4 (8 oz.) catfish fillets Ranch-flavored tortilla chips
Check for: Seasonings: chili powder, salt, pepper Egg Canola oil
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death