Muensterous Quinoa Burgers
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup water
1 cup chickpeas
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup muenster cheese, grated
1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
1/2 cup corn
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 large egg
2 large egg whites (lightly beaten together with whole egg)
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
Combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Cover and set aside to cool, or cook this the night prior to save time.
To make the burgers first preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl mash the chickpeas with a fork or you may also use a food processor and pulse until the chickpeas are chunky, but not smooth. Add cooled quinoa and the remainder of the ingredients. Mix well.
Use a ½ cup to portion out your burgers. Form each ½ cup into a patty and place on a sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until burgers are golden brown and firm.
Nutrition information per serving: 210 calories, 8 g fat, 22 g carbohydrate, 12 g protein, 3 g fiber, 290 mg sodium
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?