Pumpkin Custard Cake
Getting started Equipment you will need: medium bowl, spatula, whisk or fork, 9 x 13" baking pan, small bowl Preheat oven to 350? Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
4 cups canned pumpkin
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 (12 oz) can fat-free evaporated milk
1 box yellow cake mix (dry)
3/4 cup butter
1st layer: 1. Mix pumpkin, sugar, and spice in a medium bowl. Add milk and eggs; beat until smooth. Coat pan with spray; pour mixture into pan.
2. 2nd layer:
Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin layer. Place butter in a small bowl and place in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until melted. Drizzle melted butter over the top of the cake.
3. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes until golden brown and cake is firm in the center. Cut cake into 4 x 8 pieces. Serve.
Tips: Be sure to purchase canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling for this recipe.
Shopping list: Canned pumpkin (2-16 oz. cans) Yellow cake mix Fat-free evaporated milk (12 oz. can)
Check for: Eggs Pumpkin pie spice Cooking spray
Brown sugar Butter
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump