Pumpkin Custard Cake
Getting started Equipment you will need: medium bowl, spatula, whisk or fork, 9 x 13" baking pan, small bowl Preheat oven to 350? Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
4 cups canned pumpkin
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 (12 oz) can fat-free evaporated milk
1 box yellow cake mix (dry)
3/4 cup butter
1st layer: 1. Mix pumpkin, sugar, and spice in a medium bowl. Add milk and eggs; beat until smooth. Coat pan with spray; pour mixture into pan.
2. 2nd layer:
Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin layer. Place butter in a small bowl and place in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until melted. Drizzle melted butter over the top of the cake.
3. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes until golden brown and cake is firm in the center. Cut cake into 4 x 8 pieces. Serve.
Tips: Be sure to purchase canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling for this recipe.
Shopping list: Canned pumpkin (2-16 oz. cans) Yellow cake mix Fat-free evaporated milk (12 oz. can)
Check for: Eggs Pumpkin pie spice Cooking spray
Brown sugar Butter
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls