Makes 8 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: peeler, grater, colander, cutting board/knife, large bowl, large skillet, spoon, spatula, serving plate Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
2 lb. Yukon gold potatoes (about 6 cups)
2 medium Gala or Honeycrisp apples
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. granulated sugar
1. Peel and shred potatoes and apples. Combine ingredients in a colander. Let stand 20 minutes, pressing occasionally with the back of a spoon until barely moist.
2. Combine potato mixture, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add flour to mixture; toss well to coat. 1 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
3. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add potato mixture in 1/3-cupfuls to pan to form 4 latkes. Flatten slightly with spatula. Cook 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan; keep warm.
4. Repeat step 3 three more times. Sprinkle latkes with sugar before serving.
Suggested Side Items: Eggs (of your choice) and a cup of fruit
Tips: Be sure to add oil to your pan each time you repeat step 3 to prevent latkes from sticking to the pan. Keep cooked latkes warm in a 200? oven if you are preparing more than one batch. Serve with low-fat sour cream for a tangy taste!
Shopping list: 2 lb. Yukon gold potatoes 2 medium Gala or Honeycrisp apples
Check for: Salt Flour Granulated sugar Black pepper Canola oil
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies