Pork Crown Roast with Apple-Pecan Stuffing and Gravy
Time Prep: 25 min
Total: 2 hr 55mins
Servings Total: 16 servings
What You Need:
1(16-rib) pork crown roast (8 lb.)
¾ tsp. black pepper, divided
3-1/2cups apple juice, divided
¾ cup raisins
½ cup butter
2pkg. (6 oz. each) Stuffing Mix for Pork
2Gala apples, chopped
¾ cup chopped Pecans, toasted
3Tbsp. Savory Honey Mustard
2Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
HEAT oven to 350ºF.
SEASON meat with 1/2 tsp. pepper. Place on rack in shallow pan. Bake 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until 145ºF. Remove from oven. Cover with foil; let stand 10 min.
MEANWHILE, bring water, 1-1/2 cups apple juice, raisins and butter to boil in large saucepan. Stir in stuffing mixes, apples and nuts; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 min. Fluff with fork; spoon into center of meat. Spoon any remaining stuffing into serving bowl. Cover meat and remaining stuffing to keep warm until ready to serve.
REMOVE 2 Tbsp. pan drippings; place in medium saucepan. Whisk in flour and mustard; cook on medium heat 1 min., stirring constantly. Stir in remaining apple juice and pepper; cook and stir 3 min. or until mixture comes to boil and thickens. Stir in parsley.
CUT meat into 1-rib portions. Serve with stuffing and apple gravy.
Pork crown roast
Stuffing with pork
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers