Pork Crown Roast with Apple-Pecan Stuffing and Gravy
Time Prep: 25 min
Total: 2 hr 55mins
Servings Total: 16 servings
What You Need:
1(16-rib) pork crown roast (8 lb.)
¾ tsp. black pepper, divided
3-1/2cups apple juice, divided
¾ cup raisins
½ cup butter
2pkg. (6 oz. each) Stuffing Mix for Pork
2Gala apples, chopped
¾ cup chopped Pecans, toasted
3Tbsp. Savory Honey Mustard
2Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
HEAT oven to 350ºF.
SEASON meat with 1/2 tsp. pepper. Place on rack in shallow pan. Bake 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until 145ºF. Remove from oven. Cover with foil; let stand 10 min.
MEANWHILE, bring water, 1-1/2 cups apple juice, raisins and butter to boil in large saucepan. Stir in stuffing mixes, apples and nuts; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 min. Fluff with fork; spoon into center of meat. Spoon any remaining stuffing into serving bowl. Cover meat and remaining stuffing to keep warm until ready to serve.
REMOVE 2 Tbsp. pan drippings; place in medium saucepan. Whisk in flour and mustard; cook on medium heat 1 min., stirring constantly. Stir in remaining apple juice and pepper; cook and stir 3 min. or until mixture comes to boil and thickens. Stir in parsley.
CUT meat into 1-rib portions. Serve with stuffing and apple gravy.
Pork crown roast
Stuffing with pork
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.