Pork and Black Bean Chili
Prep: 10 min
Total: 42 min
Servings: 8 servings, 1 cup each
What you need:
1 medium onion chopped
6 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1-1/2 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
1/2 tsp. paprika
2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, drained
1 can (28 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 plantain, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
Canned black beans
Canned stewed tomatoes
Make Pork and Black Bean Chili:
COOK onions and bacon in large saucepan on medium-high heat 5 min. or just until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Add tenderloin pieces; cook 8 min. or until evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in pepper and paprika; cook 1 min.
ADD beans and tomatoes; stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 10 min., stirring occasionally. Add plantains; cook 5 min. or until heated through.
SPOON into eight bowls; top with sour cream. Serve with the crackers.
Kraft Kitchen Tips:
Shortcut: Use pre-chopped onions found in the frozen vegetable section of the supermarket. Just measure out what you need and start cooking - no need to thaw first.
Special Extra: Add your choice of toppings, such as your favorite KRAFT Shredded Cheese, additional chopped onions and/or sliced black olives.
Total fat: 16 g
Saturated fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 75 mg
Sodium: 410 mg
Carbohydrate: 24 g
Dietary fiber: 5 g
Sugars: 6 g
Protein: 25 g
Vitamin A: 15 %DV
Vitamin C: 20 %DV
Calcium: 6 %DV
Iron: 20 %DV
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser