Piña Colada Sorbet
Makes 10 (1/2-cup) servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: chef's knife/cutting board, blender, large bowl, whisk, shallow pan, fork, airtight container (optional: freezer can/ice cream maker) Note: This recipe must be made ahead of time as it requires refrigeration and freezing. Do right away when you get home: Action steps 1 & 2
3 cups fresh pineapple
1 cup coconut water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light coconut milk
2/3 cup cream of coconut
1. Chop pineapple into cubes. Place ingredients in blender and process until smooth and sugar dissolves. Transfer mixture to bowl.
2. Stir ingredients into pineapple mixture with whisk. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 2 hours.
3.Once the mixture has thoroughly chilled, freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can pour the mixture into a shallow pan and freeze in your freezer until semi-solid. Then take a fork and fluff it up, returning it the freezer to freeze firm for about 2 hours. Blend sorbet until smooth before serving.
4. Place sorbet in an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
Tips: Coconut water can be found near the juices at the grocery store. Cream of coconut and coconut milk are located in the ethnic food aisle of the grocery store. Shopping list: Fresh pineapple Light coconut milk Coconut water Cream of coconut
Check for: Granulated sugar
Other items needed:
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers