By Mayo Clinic Staff
Cheddar cheese is high in fat and calories, so limit the cheese to 2 tablespoons for each sandwich. For variety, use roast beef that has been rubbed with Italian seasonings.
- 1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces lean roast beef, shaved
- 2 whole-wheat buns
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a baking pan with cooking spray. Spray a frying pan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, saute the peppers and onions until they soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the roast beef and saute for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Place 1/2 of the roast beef mixture on each bun. Place in the prepared baking dish. Top each bun with 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Bake until the cheese has melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size :1 sandwich
- Total fat 11 g
- Calories 354
- Protein 33 g
- Cholesterol 73 mg
- Total carbohydrate 34 g
- Dietary fiber 6 g
- Monounsaturated fat 3 g
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Sodium 262 mg
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.