Recipe: Pasta with spinach, garbanzos and raisins
Dietitian's tip: The key to this recipe is to have the pasta and sauce done at the same time so that they don't overcook. This is a great recipe for two cooks in the kitchen.
o 8 ounces farfalle (bow tie) pasta
o 2 tablespoons olive oil
o 4 garlic cloves, crushed
o 1/2 can (19 ounces) garbanzos, rinsed and drained
o 1/2 cup unsalted chicken broth
o 1/2 cup golden raisins
o 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
o 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
o Cracked black peppercorns, to taste
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and garlic over medium heat. Add the garbanzos and chicken broth. Stir until warmed through. Add the raisins and spinach. Heat just until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes. Don't overcook.
Divide the pasta among the plates. Top each serving with 1/6 of the sauce, 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese and peppercorns to taste. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
|Total fat||7 g||Total carbohydrate||62 g|
|Saturated fat||1 g||Dietary fiber||7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||4 g||Protein||11 g|
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building