Parmesan-Crusted Strip Roast
- 1 beef Strip roast (about 3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup panko or rustic bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine cheese, parsley and shallot in food processor; process until finely ground. Transfer to medium bowl; stir in panko. Press panko mixture evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare; 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Cook's Tip: To make rustic bread crumbs, place torn baguette or bread in food processor or blender container. Cover; pulse on and off, to form medium-sized crumbs.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 366 calories; 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 140 mg cholesterol; 217 mg sodium; 6 g carbohydrate; 0.4 g fiber; 53 g protein; 20.3 mg niacin; 1.1 mg vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg vitamin B12; 3.4 mg iron; 58.6 mcg selenium; 9.4 mg zinc; 191.4 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.23303162
Salt-Encrusted Ribeye Roast
Cut: Rib or Ribeye Roast/Prime Rib
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours for medium doneness
- 4 to 6 lb. well trimmed beef ribeye roast, small end
- 1 TBS. vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Salt crust: 1 box coarse kosher salt (3 lb.)
- 1 to 1-1/4 c. water
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line shallow roasting pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Combine salt crust ingredients; mix well. (Mixture may appear dry but do not add additional water.) In roasting pan, pat 1-1/2 cups salt mixture into a rectangular shape approximately 1/2 to 1-inch larger than the size of the beef roast.
- Brush roast with oil; press pepper evenly into surface. Insert oven-proof meat thermometer into thickest part of roast, not resting in fat; center roast on salt layer. Starting at base of roast, pack remaining salt mixture onto sides and top of roast to encase roast in salt. (Occasionally, some salt mixture may fall off exposing small areas of the roast. This will not affect cooking.)
- Do not add water or cover pan. Roast in a 425 degree oven approximately 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare; 1-3/4 to 2 hours for medium doneness. Remove from oven when meat thermometer registers 130 degrees for medium rare; 145 degrees for medium. Remove pan with roast to cooling rack; let stand 10 to 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise approximately 15 degrees to reach desired doneness.)
- Remove and discard salt crust from roast, brushing off any remaining salt. Carve roast into 1/2-inch thick slices. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl