Oven Roasted Squash with Garlic & Parsley
Makes 5 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: Medium bowl, large baking sheet, small skillet , cutting board/knife, spoon Preheat oven to 375° Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
2 1/2 lbs. winter squash (1 small to medium)
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
2 tsp. olive oil
¾ tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
1. Peel and remove seeds of winter squash. Cut into 1-inch chunks. Mince garlic. Chop parsley.
2. Combine squash with ingredients in medium bowl; Stir to coat evenly. Spread on baking sheet.
3. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender throughout and lightly browned, 35 to 45 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from heat. Toss the roasted squash with the garlic. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve.
Suggested Side Items: Roasted Turkey and steamed broccoli
Tips: Serve this dish with leftover turkey! Butternut, buttercup, kabocha, or hubbard squash works well for this recipe.
Shopping list: 2 ½ lbs. winter squash (1 small to medium) Fresh parsley (1 bunch)
Check for: Extra-virgin olive oil Salt
Pepper Garlic cloves
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota