Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: cutting board/knife, large skillet, spatula, colander, medium bowl, spoon, grater Do right away when you get home: Action steps 1 & 2
3 small zucchini 1 medium yellow bell pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. lemon peel
1. Cut zucchini into ½-inch slices. Slice bell pepper.
2. Heat oil over medium-high heat in skillet. Sprinkle chicken with salt; add to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, turning once, until browned.
3. Drain tomatoes and olives and place in bowl. Add zucchini, bell pepper, and remaining ingredients to bowl; mix thoroughly. Pour mixture over chicken in skillet; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
4. Grate lemon peel and sprinkle on top of chicken mixture.
Suggested Side Items: Couscous and glass of milk
Tips: Omit salt to reduce sodium content to 340mg per serving.
Shopping list: 3 small zucchini 4 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 lemon 1 medium yellow bell pepper 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced ripe olives
Check for: Olive oil Ground cumin
Salt Ground cinnamon
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families