Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: cutting board/knife, large skillet, spatula, colander, medium bowl, spoon, grater Do right away when you get home: Action steps 1 & 2
3 small zucchini 1 medium yellow bell pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. lemon peel
1. Cut zucchini into ½-inch slices. Slice bell pepper.
2. Heat oil over medium-high heat in skillet. Sprinkle chicken with salt; add to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, turning once, until browned.
3. Drain tomatoes and olives and place in bowl. Add zucchini, bell pepper, and remaining ingredients to bowl; mix thoroughly. Pour mixture over chicken in skillet; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
4. Grate lemon peel and sprinkle on top of chicken mixture.
Suggested Side Items: Couscous and glass of milk
Tips: Omit salt to reduce sodium content to 340mg per serving.
Shopping list: 3 small zucchini 4 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 lemon 1 medium yellow bell pepper 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced ripe olives
Check for: Olive oil Ground cumin
Salt Ground cinnamon
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract