Mashed Cauliflower with a Kick
Makes 8 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: Potato masher or immersion blender, steamer basket, cutting board/knife, large bowl Do right away when you get home: Action Step 1
1 head cauliflower
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup milk
1. Put water in bottom of large pot and place steamer basket in pot. Cut cauliflower into florets. Peel and chop parsnip into small chunks approximately the same size as the cauliflower florets. Place vegetables in steamer basket. Cover and steam until soft.
2. Put vegetables in bowl. Add butter and milk, mash with potato masher or immersion blender. Salt Pepper 3. Season with salt and pepper to taste; serve immediately.
Serve with: Herb Stuffed Chicken (April 24th Recipe)
Tips: For an additional "kick" try adding your favorite herbs and spices or fresh garlic! To save on preparation time, you may choose frozen cauliflower instead of fresh.
Shopping list: 1 head cauliflower 1 parsnip
Check for: Butter Salt Milk Pepper
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract