Mashed Cauliflower with a Kick
Makes 8 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: Potato masher or immersion blender, steamer basket, cutting board/knife, large bowl Do right away when you get home: Action Step 1
1 head cauliflower
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup milk
1. Put water in bottom of large pot and place steamer basket in pot. Cut cauliflower into florets. Peel and chop parsnip into small chunks approximately the same size as the cauliflower florets. Place vegetables in steamer basket. Cover and steam until soft.
2. Put vegetables in bowl. Add butter and milk, mash with potato masher or immersion blender. Salt Pepper 3. Season with salt and pepper to taste; serve immediately.
Serve with: Herb Stuffed Chicken (April 24th Recipe)
Tips: For an additional "kick" try adding your favorite herbs and spices or fresh garlic! To save on preparation time, you may choose frozen cauliflower instead of fresh.
Shopping list: 1 head cauliflower 1 parsnip
Check for: Butter Salt Milk Pepper
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser