Recipe: Berries marinated in balsamic vinegar
Dietitian's tip: For a variation of this recipe, use a wider variety of berries, such as huckleberries, gooseberries and blackberries. Garnish the bowl of berries with a fresh mint leaf.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
2 shortbread biscuits
In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and vanilla.
In another bowl, add the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Pour the balsamic vinegar mixture over the berries. Let the fruit marinate for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the marinade. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
To serve, divide the berries into 2 serving dishes. Place the shortbread biscuit on the side of the bowl.
Nutritional analysis per serving
|Serving size: 3/4 cup|
|Total fat||6 g||Total carbohydrate||46 g|
|Saturated fat||1 g||Dietary fiber||4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||2 g||Protein||3 g|
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom