Recipe: Berries marinated in balsamic vinegar
Dietitian's tip: For a variation of this recipe, use a wider variety of berries, such as huckleberries, gooseberries and blackberries. Garnish the bowl of berries with a fresh mint leaf.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
2 shortbread biscuits
In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and vanilla.
In another bowl, add the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Pour the balsamic vinegar mixture over the berries. Let the fruit marinate for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the marinade. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
To serve, divide the berries into 2 serving dishes. Place the shortbread biscuit on the side of the bowl.
Nutritional analysis per serving
|Serving size: 3/4 cup|
|Total fat||6 g||Total carbohydrate||46 g|
|Saturated fat||1 g||Dietary fiber||4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||2 g||Protein||3 g|
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death