Mango Orange Chicken
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment needed: small saucepan, large skillet, cutting board and chef knife, platter with cover Do right away when you get home: action step 1 and 2
1 cup dry whole wheat couscous
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tsp. oil
2 tsp. minced garlic
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup Asian Sesame Dressing
1. In a small saucepan, cook couscous as directed, omitting salt and oil.
2. Mix spices; sprinkle over both sides of each breast.
3. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic and chicken; cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until done (thermometer reads 165°).
4. Meanwhile, peel and chop mangos. Chop red onion and cilantro, enough for 2 Tbsp. each. Set aside.
5. Spoon couscous onto platter; top with chicken. Cover to keep warm. Add mango and onion to skillet with dressing and orange juice; cook 1 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Suggested Side Items: glass of milk, steamed broccoli, asparagus or snow peas
Tips: Couscous is often thought to be a grain, but is actually finely chopped pasta. It can be found near the rice or pasta in the grocery store. Quinoa or rice could be used in place of the couscous in this recipe.
Shopping list: Whole wheat couscous 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken 2 mangos Cilantro Asian Sesame Dressing Veggie for side
Check for: Ground ginger and cinnamon Oil Red onion Orange juice
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.