Lighter Seafood Fettuccini
Makes 8 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: Grill or broiler pan, cutting board, knife Preheat oven to: broil Do right away when you get home: action steps 1 and 2
1 lb. uncooked fettuccine pasta
6-8 green onions
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound medium shrimp
1 pound sea scallops
½ lb. artificial crabmeat
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 ½ Tbsp. butter
2 cups half-and-half
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Chop green onions, using a majority of the green part (about 1 cup total). Mince the garlic cloves. Set aside. On a separate cutting board, chop the sea scallops and crabmeat into bite-sized pieces. Peel shrimp. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Add shrimp and scallops; sauté 3 minutes or until done.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add half-and-half, salt, pepper, and crabmeat; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly (do not boil). Gradually sprinkle cheese over seafood mixture, stirring constantly; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5. Combine pasta and seafood mixture in a large bowl. Top each serving with cheese and parsley.
Suggested Side Items: tossed salad with dressing
Tips: The sauce is like a traditional alfredo, with no flour or other thickener. Don't worry if it looks thin. It's the perfect consistency for coating the pasta! Pat the shrimp and scallops dry before cooking with paper towels so they don't dilute the sauce.
Shopping list: 1 lb. fettuccine 6-8 green onions 4 garlic cloves 1 lb. medium shrimp 1 lb. sea scallops ½ lb. artificial crabmeat Half n half (16 oz.) ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese Fresh parsley (enough for ¼ cup chopped)
Check for: Salt and pepper Butter
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Reynolds supports program cuts to defund Planned Parenthood
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts