Make-Ahead Java Joe Pot Roast
Prep Time: 15 min
Total: 7 hr 15 min
Servings Total: 8 servings
What you need:
1 Tbsp. MAXWELL HOUSE Instant Coffee
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 boneless beef chuck eye roast (2 lb.), trimmed of visible fat
1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
½ cup BULL'S-EYE Original Barbecue Sauce
½ lb. new potatoes (1-1/2 inch), quartered
½ lb. baby carrots, cut lengthwise in half
½ cup fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
Make Make-Ahead Java Joe Pot Roast:
MIX first 3 ingredients; press evenly onto meat. Place in freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Add onions and barbecue sauce; seal bag. Freeze up to 3 months. Refrigerate overnight to thaw.
EMPTY contents of bag into slow cooker. Add potatoes, carrots and broth; cover with lid. Cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours).
TRANSFER meat to cutting board; cut across the grain into thin slices. Place on platter; surround with vegetables. Skim fat from sauce in slow cooker; discard fat. Serve sauce over meat and vegetables.
Kraft Kitchen Tips:
Serve with steamed green beans and mashed potatoes.
Prepare using your favorite flavor of BULL'S-EYE Barbecue Sauce.
Serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite KRAFT Light Dressing.
-Beef Chuck Eye Roast
-Low Sodium Beef Broth
Total fat 6 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 300 mg
Carbohydrate 18 g
Dietary fiber 2 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 25 g
- Wisconsin Democrats hoping to make points with Trump guests
- Accused driver talks about crash that killed couple
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Committee to hold hearing on youth prison bill
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Trial set for Iowa mother whose baby died on changing table
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget