Inside Out Lasagna
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: medium saucepan, medium skillet, chef knife, cutting board
8 oz. whole wheat penne pasta
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion
3 garlic cloves
8 oz. precooked Italian turkey sausage
6 medium mushrooms
Dash of salt and pepper
3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
4 cups baby spinach
1. Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
2. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Chop onion, mince garlic, and slice sausages. Add to skillet. Sauté 3 minutes.
3. Slice mushrooms and add to skillet, along with salt and pepper. Sauté 5 minutes more, or until tender.
4. Drain tomatoes; add to skillet along with spinach. Cook until spinach wilts.
5. Toss the sauce with the pasta and divide among 4 bowls.
Place a 3 Tbsp. dollop of ricotta on each serving.
Suggested Side Items: garlic bread, Italian side salads, glass of milk
Tips: Add your favorite vegetables or Italian herbs to create your own unique spin on this recipe. To reduce sodium, look for low-sodium or preservative free turkey sausages. Shopping list: 1 medium onion 3 garlic cloves 8 oz. pre-cooked turkey sausages 6 medium mushrooms 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with Italian herbs 6 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
Check for: Whole wheat pasta Olive oil
Black pepper and salt 4 Cups baby spinach
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US