Vinaigrette Green Beans
Makes 6 servings (about ¾ cup each)
Equipment you will need: Dutch oven, small saucepan, whisk, colander
Do right away when you get home: action step 1
2 (12 oz.) pkgs. ready-to-eat fresh green beans
1. Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add green beans, and cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. bottled minced garlic
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. salt
2. While beans are cooking, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; add vinegar, mustard, and salt, stirring well with a whisk.
3. Drain beans, and return to pan. Pour vinaigrette over beans; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area organization helping so all girls can go to prom