Vinaigrette Green Beans
Makes 6 servings (about ¾ cup each)
Equipment you will need: Dutch oven, small saucepan, whisk, colander
Do right away when you get home: action step 1
2 (12 oz.) pkgs. ready-to-eat fresh green beans
1. Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add green beans, and cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. bottled minced garlic
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. salt
2. While beans are cooking, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; add vinegar, mustard, and salt, stirring well with a whisk.
3. Drain beans, and return to pan. Pour vinaigrette over beans; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- Minnesota House set for floor vote on Real ID
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city
- Fresh snow possible for American Birkebeiner
- U of Iowa eliminating some scholarships as part of cutbacks
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race